The Future Fashion Symposium 2014 explored recent technological developments and their potential to improve the environmental performance in the textile value chain.
The outline for the symposium on 27th May included both short talks from our researchers within Mistra Future Fashion and a workshop on LCA “Hitchhikers and puzzles –all you need to know about LCA” to learn more about how to interpret LCA data. Representatives from Lenzing Fibers, Pepwing, Filippa K, I:Collect, and Re:newcell presented their solutions as input for the discussions.
Presentations by Mistra Future Fashion Project managers (download PDF).
Presented in the following order:
Hanna de la Motte, Chalmers (P5)
Erik Perzon, Swerea IVF (P4)
Rebecca Earley, University of the Arts London (P3)
Annika Lindström, Innventia (P6)
Wencke Gwozdz, Copenhagen Business School (P7)
Esben Rahbek Gjerdrum Pedersen, Copenhagen Business School (P1)
Tom Nilsson, Malmö University (P8)
Gregory Peters, Chalmers (P2)
Presentation from LCA Workshop (download PDF)
Presented by Gregory Peters, Sandra Roos, and Gustav Sandin Albertsson.
Presentations by invited speakers:
- Introduction to Mistra Future Fashion (download PDF)
Mats Westin (SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden)
- Fibers from Lenzing – their impact on the Environment (download PDF)
Sylvia Happel (Lenzing Fibers)
- Sustainable textile processes (download PDF)
Corona Bregenzer (Lauffenmühle)
- Dyeing and other textile processes using no water and less Chemicals (download PDF)
George Yang (Pepwing)
- Technologies to prolong the life of a garment (download PDF)
Elin Larsson (Filippa K)
- Challenges and opportunities for recycling in large scale (download PDF)
Christoph von Hahn (I:Collect / SOEX)
- Textile fiber recycling – Closing the loop (download PDF)
Henrik Norlin (Re:Newcell & Girindus)